4 Steps to Stage Your Home for a Fast Sale
If you want to sell your home fast and for the most money the market will pay, it needs to be “staged” properly. Staging a home is more than just moving around some furniture. Here’s the step-by-step process for staging the INSIDE and OUTSIDE of your home:
Please visit www.mrclaremont.com
STEP #1: Assess Your Current Situation.
Identify what improvements need to be made for a speedy sale. To assess the inside of your home, jot down a list of rooms that need to be cleared out and freshened up. Then create a second list for the outside of your home. Start by looking at these two areas on the outside:
- Take a walk across the street from the home. Examine the curb appeal of the home. Make notes of items that are unsatisfactory from a buyer’s perspective.
- Get into your car and start driving away from your home. Look back and make notes about what looks good, and what needs improvement.
STEP #2: Eliminate Clutter.
The key to making a home attractive to a buyer is getting rid of clutter. Make counters clear, get rid of pictures on the wall and tables, store excess furniture if necessary, put books in boxes. You’ll be doing this for your move – you may just need to do some of it a little early.
Here’s a checklist to get started:
- Clear away kitchen and bathroom counters. These are areas where you need to show the most space and neatness. Put appliances and things away.
- Re-arrange furniture so rooms look larger. Store old furniture or cluttered items in another location — at least while the home is for sale.
- Get rid of as many “personal” things as you can. Buyers have a hard time visualizing “their” new home with personal belongings everywhere. Try to make the home look neutral, so someone wouldn’t know anyone specific lives there.
- Get all the clutter out of the yard…
Put hoses away, store garbage cans, put away the sprinkler and kids toys. The neater the area looks, the better the first impression.
STEP #3: Spruce the Home Up Before Showing.
Make improvements to the home, but only where it will make the biggest difference to the sales price. Getting the biggest bang for your buck usually means getting a fresh coat of paint on strategic walls and areas. New paint is an inexpensive way to show a home in its best condition. Please visit www.mrclaremont.com
Do this: claremont realtors
- Check the paint condition of the INTERIOR of a home by removing pictures off walls. It will probably need painting. Remember to get inside painting done first, before any cleaning.
- Check the paint condition of the entire EXTERIOR of the home. If it’s pealing or worn, the buyer will notice it immediately. Don’t devalue your home by trying to sell it in poor paint condition. Pay particular attention to the front door, mailbox, garage doors, and walkway areas. These are where the buyers will be walking and noticing problems.
Also consider the following items to attract buyers with quality offers:
- Professional Cleaning. Get a professional firm in to CLEAN the entire home. Floors, ceilings, windows, fireplace, carpet, drapes — everything! Also, check for ODORS. If you have a pet, your home probably needs to have carpets cleaned or deodorized. Any odors make a home less attractive.
- Home Inspection. Check for termites and functional obsolescence. Many homeowners actually have their home inspected prior to putting it on the market. It makes a good impression to the buyers when you have your own inspection completed by an independent company. It will also save embarrassing situations with buyers who discover problems.
- Landscaping. The landscaping should look immaculate. Make sure the lawn is groomed, flower beds are clean, leaves are removed, and weeds are pulled. Check the bushes and trees for grooming also.
STEP #4: Show the Home In the Best Light.
Always turn on the LIGHTS when showing. Make sure you turn on all lights around the home before a buyer gets there, including…
- These include: the mailbox light, front door, entry (especially if the entry is dark), and dark hallways. Make your home look alive by being inviting and bright. Bright homes sell better than dark homes.
- Leave all front area curtains and drapes open. Have you ever seen model homes? The drapes are always open at night, and the lights are on. Why? Because it shows the home better. Also, when you keep drapes open during the day, people touring through the home will experience more natural light.
There’s one last step to sell for Top Dollar:
Set the RIGHT Price for Your Home From the Start
Homes that sell the fastest also sell for the most money! If you want to get Top Dollar for your home, beyond staging your home properly, it needs to be priced correctly.
Most agents will only do a CMA (comparative marketing analysis), but the best agents offer a “Maximum Home Value Audit.” What’s that?
It’s a careful, thorough valuation of every square inch of your home to determine the best possible price based on real world facts, and presented in an EASY to understand format. You won’t get any inflated values just to pressure you into listing with me.
If we’re already working together, simply let me know you’d like to redeem your “Maximum Home Value Audit” offer. Or, if you’re looking for professional representation to sell your home, use this free service as an introduction to the value I can provide you. Please visit www.mrclaremont.com
So call me right now I’ll immediately arrange a convenient time to meet, and share with you my Maximum Home Value Audit. It’s Free. It’s FAST. And it could help you net $1,000s more on your home sale by setting the home price right from the start. Please visit www.mrclaremont.com
An experienced Home Marketing Expertcan net you more money and save you time with selling your home by:
- Assisting you in pricing your home… so it sells for the most money possible, and you have more for your next home.
- Providing you exposure by marketing your property to other real estate agents and the public, through the official MLS… so it sells in less time, and you can move on. Homes that sell fast sell for the most money!
- Screening buyer calls, showing buyers your property, and negotiating… so you don’t have to constantly be available, and know things are done correctly to sell your home.
- Coordinating the closing process including: opening an escrow account, completing requirements for a purchase contract (disclosures, inspections, and other legal documents)… so you don’t have to think about all the details, and your financial interests are protected.
How To Sell Your Home for TOP DOLLAR and Eliminate Costly Pitfalls…
I offer a Maximum Home Value Audit for those considering selling in the next 6 months. My audit is much more than a simple home valuation you’ll get from another agent. It’s a complete top-to-bottom analysis not just of the value, but every aspect of your home to identify items that may affect your sales price. To request a no obligation audit of your home’s value or if you have any questions about my 28 Step Home Marketing Plan designed to sell your home for every penny it’s worth, in YOUR time frame, and with the least pressure and hassles – call me using the number below:
real estate agents claremont claremont real estate agents Realtor claremont Claremont realtor Claremont realtors Realtors claremont Real estate agency claremont
Claremont real estate agents Claremont realty companies
Realty companies claremont Housing market claremont
Claremont housing market WWW.MRCLAREMONT.COM